September 6, 2013

HTTP meeting in Hamburg

I was going to do a trip report about the HTTPbis meeting August 5-7 at the Adobe Hamburg office, but wound up writing up a longer essay about HTTP/2.0 (which I will post soon, promise.) So, to post the photo:

It was great to have so many knowledgeable implementors working on live interoperability: 30 people from around the industry and around the world came, including participants from Adobe, Akamai, Canon, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, Twitter, and many others representing browsers, servers, proxies and other intermediaries.
It's good the standard development is being driven by implementation and testing. While testing across the Internet is feasible, meeting face-to-face helped with establishing coordination on the standard.
I do have some concerns about things that might go wrong, which I'll also post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Medley Interlisp Project, by Larry Masinter et al.

I haven't been blogging -- most of my focus has been on Medley Interlisp. Tell me what you think!